Why do I need a real estate agent?
This is a question I hear from people trying to sell their home every day. Studies show that
home sellers who use a real estate agent to represent them generally get a better price than those who sell their home themselves. That is because Realtors® stay up to date on critical processes, and can keep your home sale to the letter of the law. I can help you get your home sold at the best price possible, in the right time frame by marketing your home locally and online, and by making myself available to interested buyers whenever they call.
Working with a real estate agent also adds objectivity to the inherently emotional transaction that is selling your home.
Before Your Home Is Listed
It’s important to have your home in good showing condition before buyers start going through it. Here are some steps to take:
- Paint: Touch up interior and exterior paint as needed, but do not rush through it. A sloppy new paint job is worse than a home that needs paint.
- Flooring: Install new carpeting and flooring if it appears worn or dated. Make sure your colors are neutral and not too light or too dark.
- Curb Appeal: Make sure the front is clean and spruced up. Does your home make a good first impression? Add a nice and colorful potted plants; repair and paint the front door if needed.
- Trim and Rake: Trim bushes and plants as needed, and make sure the lawn is kept mowed and trimmed. Blow leaves and debris out of the gravel, and keep walkways and driveways clean.
- Extra Cleaning: Keep the interior clean, uncluttered and odor-free. Eliminate evidence of pets.
- Minimize You to Maximize Them: Minimize personal items such as family photos. You want buyers to see themselves living in the home
- Start Packing: Consider putting excess furniture and belongings in storage. Now’s the time to clean out the garage and basement and sell, give away or throw away items you don’t need any more. In my mother-in-law’s words: “A move should almost be as good as a fire.”
- Obtain a Home Warranty: A home warranty with seller’s coverage will help you fix things that break prior to escrow.
- Find Potential Problems Early: Consider having a pre-listing inspection performed. Buyers will be hiring professional inspectors; here’s your chance to address problems in advance and disclose those repairs to the buyer as proof of your price of ownership.
- Professional Stager: Consider engaging a professional stager to give your home the right emotional appeal.
During the Listing Period
When potential buyers visit your home, either find something to do away from your home for a couple hours, or make yourself as inconspicuous as possible.
Have fresh flowers in the entryway. It makes for a friendly introduction into your home. If offers are made that don’t match your hoped-for price, don’t reject them offhand. Pay attention to your agent’s advice. Consider dropping the price if several months go by with few or no offers, but if you and your agent have priced your home properly from the start, this shouldn’t be necessary.
Don’t get discouraged. In buyer’s markets, homes can take time to sell.
Why Help-U-Sell Central Properties?
We are a full-service real estate brokerage, but we charge a lot less than other brokers without sacrificing any service. It makes no sense that a Realtor selling a $750,000 house should make $15,000 more in commissions than the one selling a $250,000 house. We charge a low flat fee for all the services we provide, payable at Close of Escrow. Sellers can save thousands of dollars by selling their homes through our office.
Most buyers are searching free Internet sites for their new homes long before they are truly ready to move. In fact, many buyers even find the home they want and then contact an agent to show them the house and help them with their purchase. We help you establish a listing price that is in the range of the sales price of similar homes in your neighborhood and similar neighborhoods nearby. We advertise your property in the Multiple Listing Service and all over the Internet. If your house is priced correctly, there is no way a prospective buyer will not find it.
Our marketing efforts are very effective and efficient, and that is why we can charge the lower listing fees. When we list your property in the MLS, we are required to offer compensation to a buyer’s broker for bringing qualified buyers to you. We let you choose how much to pay the buyer’s agent (also payable at Close of Escrow), and you can save a significant amount of money on that cost, as well.
We are licensed by State of Arizona Dept. of Real Estate, and we are members of National, Arizona and Southeast Valley Associations of Realtors. We are Realtors and are held to the high ethical standards required by the Associations.